Weight Training For Women- 10 Important Tips
It is my feeling that weight training for women is an absolute must for quality of life for the long term. I have found that so many women think they will look like Arnold if they do decide to lift weights and this myth is exactly that, a myth. Weight training for women in my terms simply means being able to live an active life and not struggle due to lack of strength, or endurance. Being fit and in shape through exercise and lifting weights will provide many positive health benefits including life long independence.
So here are 10 important tips in weight training for women!
- Build Lean Muscle Mass – As we age and with the neglect of inactivity, muscles decrease in mass. If muscles aren’t exercised through strength and resistance training, they shrink to nothing.
- Begin Slowly – This is especially true with weight training to prevent injuries and sore muscles. Begin with a single set of weight training exercises and build up to multiple sets.
- Use The Correct Weight – This tip can’t be stressed enough. If you use too much weight, you can cause injury because you won’t be doing the exercise properly and doing so puts to much stress on your muscles. Using too little weight in your routine won’t work your muscles enough to realize benefits.
- Vary Your Weight Training Routine – Concentrating on the same set of muscles during each workout will have your body anticipating the routine. Switch up routines to make your workout more interesting. Plus, it helps you to gain strength and decreases the chances of a boring workout,.
- Use Various Methods – By using various methods for your weight training routine, you’ll keep from becoming bored and gain more strength from your efforts. Tools such as bars, machines, free weights, bands and your own body weight can produce the best long term results.
- Include Mental Benefits In Your Training Results – You’ll notice that weight training will increase your mental sharpness. You’ll have more confidence in yourself and your capabilities and be less sluggish and fatigued.
- Use Isometric And Isotonic Resistance – Isometric resistance is when you contract your muscles against a stable object (such as pushups from the floor). Isotonic training means that you’re contracting your muscles by motion such as lifting weights. Each type helps keep you strong and helps to sculpt your body.
- Give Your Muscles A Chance To Recover – Strength training requires that you give your muscles a chance to recover from an arduous workout, so be sure you take time to warm up, cool down, and perform weight training on alternate days.
- Reduce Your Risk Of Falling With Weight Training – Weight training benefits go beyond muscle building. Your posture will improve as well as your balance and flexibility.
- Prevent Disease With Weight Training – Weight training can be an essential part of preventing such debilitating diseases as arthritis and loss of bone density. It can even help improve your glucose levels if you have diabetes.
Now these are my weight training for women tips that I feel are important. Do you have any that you can share in the comments area below?
Be sure to get YOUR “FREE REPORT: 100 Weight Loss Tips EVERY Fitness Enthusiast Should Know!” GO HERE NOW
The weight training for women workout plan we recommend Female Fat Loss Over Forty Program!