Fat Loss For Women Over 40 – Good News!
Have you ever felt like fat loss for women over 40 is impossible? Well, if you’re a woman over 40, then this message is super important for you because after 40 what to AVOID is just as important as what to DO when it comes to weight loss for women!
Shawna K has created the Fat Loss for Women Over 40 and you may be asking who Shawna is and why should I care! My colleague and fitness expert, Shawna K, (who by the way looks like she’s in her 30’s and not in her 50’s) has some good advice: Avoid the Cardio Cringe!
Shawna is 1 of just 10 Master-Level Certified Turbulence Trainers in the world.
Her expertise is as good as it gets…and while you probably can’t fly to her city each day for a workout in her legendary boot camps, you can train with her workout secrets at home.
In my years at working in a gym, I saw that cardio training is the #1 thing that women turn to when they want to lose weight, and it’s also the #1 least effective fat loss method. But don’t stop ‘cardio training’ completely. Instead, simply replace cardio training with anaerobic bursts or intervals. This will spike your metabolism in record time, lower the possibility of overuse injury and eliminate workout boredom.
Don’t be mistaken into thinking that workout effectiveness is predicated on DURATION when in fact it’s all in the INTENSITY that makes the difference.
Fat Loss For Women Over 40 IS Possible.
In a new study published in the American Journal of Physiology, scientists found that:
- 30-minute workouts resulted in the same amount of weight loss as 60-minute workouts
- 60-minute workouts burned TWICE the calories (600 per workout)
- 30-minute workouts (only 300 calories per workout)
At the end of 13 weeks:
- the 30-minute workout group lost 8.8 pounds of fat
- the 60-minute workout group lost 8.4 pounds of fat
Subjects burned the SAME amount of fat in HALF the time due to EPOC (EPOC is exercise post oxygen consumption), EPOC (after burn) is accompanied by an elevated consumption of fuel in response to intense exercise.
> Oxygen burned = > calories burned
Fat stores are broken down and free fatty acids (FFA) are released into the blood for up to 38 hours AFTER the workout….In other words….
- With lower intensity workouts (60 min), the calorie burning STOPS when the work stops
- With HIGHER intensity workouts (30 min), the body continues to burn calories for up to 38 hours AFTER the workout
- The point is, you DON’T NEED TO TRAIN FOR LONGER when you can train HARDER to burn the same amount of calories and even more fat.
Find a SHORT and INTENSE FAT BURNING program!
30 Minute Workouts For Women Over 40
Here is a Shawna K, Fat Loss For Women Over 40 workout for you to do now:
Do 40 seconds of work/10 seconds of transition or 10-15 reps of each exercise (if you don’t have a timer) Do 3-5 rounds
- Burpee (or full body extension or walk out burpee)
- Bulgarian split squat
- Bulgarian split squat (Do standing split squat or one-legged stiff leg deadlifts if you have sore knees)
- Decline push-up (flat or incline push-up)
- Wall sit stick up
You will actually do your 30-minute workouts along with Shawna, yes videos included!